This self-help book is for people who have gained weight because they have lost touch with using natural hunger and fullness signals to guide their eating. This book shows you how to relearn to eat in tune with your body, whilst still eating your favourite foods, taking one manageable step at a time. It is the antithesis to `going on a diet'.
It is also the antidote to `clean eating', as you eat what you already, and have always, loved instead of a prescribed set of acceptable foods. The unique position of The Appetite Doctor's appetite retraining programme is that it bridges biology and psychology and puts the focus on specific habit change, all while taking into account the natural resistance we have to making changes. It teaches you how to work with, not against, your body.
This book contains the following chapters:
1. A New Approach to Weight Loss
2. The Appetite System - an overview of the science behind your taste buds and digestion, introducing Dr McCarthy's concept of the Appetite Pendulum.
3. The Psychology of Eating and Appetite
4. Stop Eating When You're Full
5. Establish a New Routine
6. Tackle Your Saboteurs
7. Wait Until You're Definitely Hungry
8. Stop Emotional Eating
9. Know What to Eat
10. Maintain Your New Weight