Working with Schools and Educators
We LOVE working with schools and nurseries. We really do. Because we know that the right book, for the right child, at the right time is a powerful thing indeed.
To find out more about how we can help your organisation with all of its bookish needs, have a look through the information below. You can also drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or pop by to speak to Kirsty, our Children's Bookseller.
How we can help:
- new books for your classroom or library including up to date and diverse recommendations
- sets of class readers
- dyslexic friendly texts and recommendations for reluctant readers
- curriculum linked fiction and non-fiction
- student prizes and book tokens
- library auditing
All educational establishments are offered our standard level of discount. For larger orders, please talk to us about details of other discounts which may apply.
For easy to order book bundles please check out our collections page HERE.
Donations and Wish Lists
We understand that every book-buying penny needs to work as hard as it can and that sometimes a bit of support with fundraising is required. With that in mind, we offer options for creating school specific pages on our website to allow parents to purchase books for donation. In addition, we allow schools to earn extra commission from any purchases from the website which are not from the school wishlist – in other words, if parents decide to pop some extra books in their basket just for themselves, this will also help the school to earn more money towards books. Finally, do check out our range of ready made 'book bundles' - curated themed collections of books which provide parents with an easy way to buy and donate books to your school. You can find more info here: Children's Book Bundles – Kibworth Books
- In-school bookfairs, curated to a particular age, topic, theme or event, e.g. Children’s Mental Health Week, World Book Day, Summer Reads etc.
- Virtual book fairs hosted on a school specific page of our website
- Commission earned on book sales, to be used toward future book purchases
We have had the pleasure of working with a huge variety of authors including Rob Biddulph, Alex T. Smith, Hannah Gold, Pippa Curnick, P.G Bell and Lenny Henry – just to name a few! With close relationships with all of our publishers we are in the fortunate position of being able to welcome authors to visit local schools. We will always give first refusal on any offers of author visits to any educational establishments where we have an existing working relationship but, if you are looking to host an author visit to your school, just drop us a line and we will investigate options for you.
As a physical bookshop on the high street we provide a space where children and young people can visit with their parents and teachers to spend pocket money, find their next favourite book or just feel inspired. We also have space within the bookshop for holding events. If you’d like to arrange for a visit to the shop with groups of students, drop us a line.
Why Work with Us?
- Expert advice and recommendations
- A bespoke, friendly and responsive partnership service, always open to niche requests or creative ideas for book related projects
- Preferential access to opportunities for author visits, book fairs and other special offers
- A warm and welcoming space for your students
- Competitive pricing
From time to time we send out school focused newsletters with details of recommended reads and promotions. If you’re an educator and you’d like to sign up on the mailing list, please drop us a line with your name, role and school details to email@example.com and we’ll make sure you’re on the list!